Study Blog -- M. Ni

Peer Review for Learning Resource

This blog post is a review and reflection after visiting the following learning resource about English Learning for ESL students.

https://edci335podassignment.opened.ca/2020/07/05/interactive-learning-resource-english-learning-for-esl-students-draft/

First of all, the website is very well-organized and simple which makes people easy for follow. The learning outcomes are clearly listed for each task. Moreover, the blog uses a fairly straightforward structure which helps the students to keep track, and they provide a clear instruction for each task and assignment. However, it seems to me that the learning outcomes for each task could be more specific and detailed; take part 1 for example, students are able to act creatively or learn new vocabularies from creating the script, and etc. I think it would a great idea if they can list all the general learning outcome under a new section and then list the detailed learning outcomes for each assignments.

Secondly, each section are well-explained. The learning design is explained very thoroughly, each task they design corresponds to various learning methods which promotes students’ learning to the greatest extent. Other than that, their target audience is very specific, certain level (CLB 8-intermediate English level) of English study is required in oder to attend this course. They use the blend of online and face-to-face teaching method, students can not only learning from in class activities but online discussion forum as well. Going over their tasks, I notice that their course involves both group and individual assignments and feedbacks as well. Group assignment encourages students to learner corporately; individual assignment promotes critical thinking; getting feedbacks from other groups helps students to learn actively from each others. In addition, they did a great job identifying the diverse learners and how their blog could benefit them. They also provide potential solutions for diverse learners. Perhaps you might consider add more interactive activities, for example assign videos for students to watch or mix in online discussions.

All in all, I find the learning resource very informative and helpful. I think they did a very great job managing the content, they also shows a great mastery of learning theories and designs. I really enjoyed their work!